Monday, March 7, 2011

'All i have is faith in God'

Not my words. I wish i could say it's all i have and all i need, but i don't think i've reached that point yet. At least i'm honest.

While i was in Vegas i came across a homeless man with a sign that read "All i have is faith in God", sitting against a wall praying. I've never been filled with so much empathy in my life. If following the standards God has given for you, you shouldn't reach that low of a point- right? I cannot fathom the feeling that man must have felt, realizing he had nothing and writing that sign. Did he give everything he had to the Lord? Is that why he had nothing? How can one even reach that point? The Lord wants us to be happy. He's given us the tools to reach that point. As we are meant to be mindful of each other, and help one another out, that is what He will do for us. We help others, He helps us. This may not be the exact, perfect formula He has in mind but it brings me comfort. What's even more incredible is His willingness to help us, though we are undeserving. He knows each one of us - even the homeless man holding the sign. Even the homeless man out of his mind from drugs. And wants each one of us to turn to Him. Such small acts will mold such great blessings that He wants to give us! He's just waiting to be bound. I can't understand why others wouldn't want these things. After seeing what i've seen, i'm sure He cries for us. 


"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 7:21

Just try your best. I don't want to make it there without you. We are all sinners, saved in His grace - not in our sins.

My Lord, i cry with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment