Friday, January 7, 2011

Tacit

Having felt I lost everything, I settled for the sound of the wind whistling through the leaves. I watched the grass move with the wind, almost as if it were dancing. Almost as if it were celebrating. I concentrated on it, pretending the blades were people. Wondering what they were celebrating. I pretended I was one of them. I imagined I was alive - breathing, feeling, tasting. For a second I believed it. In that second I found happiness. I watched the blades of grass fade from green to gray, wondering if their souls left them, too. If you believe in that sort of thing. After seeing something like that, I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t. Simple words repeated in my mind telling me to rest. I relaxed my body, peacefully falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment